Sunday, April 8, 2012

What's in a name?

So, as some of you know... I just got married. *happy dance* 

:D

I am in the process of taking my husbands name, do I change my public name? 

If I want to write under my legal name I should change everything now, before it is too complicated and I have contracts, etc... right? 

I have heard other authors talk about legal ramifications of using a different name for publication, when you switch publishing houses for whatever reason... not that I foresee this as an issue, but I do want to be smart about these things.

I would like to use my married name, Casey Clark. (the literary world loves Clarks :) *plus it has a Stan Lee style alliteration to it, much like my maiden name, only better!*

Decisions, decisions.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    I wasn't writing before I got married, so I didn't really have to deal with this, but I'd say go for using your married name. It's who you are now. =o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right! I am who I am! :D

      thanks!

      Delete

Thoughts?

Taking time to mentally prep...

I've spent years teaching myself to write.  Turns out, I've also spent a few recent years teaching myself some pretty unproductive h...