Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Nano's over... now what?

... more of the same, my friends.

We write.

What? You've finished your draft? Hooray!

Now we edit!!

*blinks*

*sighs*

A writer's work is never done.

Now, I have had a hard time switching from not judgemental writer, to hyper-analytical editor... so I'm just going to tell you ... I don't have the answers... BUT.. I know a few writers that have a pretty good idea!!  Most of them are in my Blog Roll or they have commented on some previous posts. *you guys are freakin awesome!*

 But one of them wrote a little mini-book on the process. 

Well, she actually talks about the WHOLE process.  So, While I don't have a lot to say here, as I am up to my eyeballs in editing my novel, myself... I will refer you to her!

I have mentioned her a few times in the past... but this book is pure gold!

I am a mix of discovery writer AND outliner to some degree, still experimenting to find my way.  But along my journey I have realized that, like most OCD's, I value efficiency.

I am not enjoying my writing time, unless I feel productive.  This sometimes means more than just a high word count... I want quality AND quantity.  I want less revisions, less time discovery writing, and less time straight up outlining, and MORE time with my story. 

In a nutshell. I don't want to waste time, just because I have it. I want every minute to count.  Unrealistic, maybe. But a girl can dream. :)  *that's what writers do, after all* 

Enough of my late night rant... ENJOY!

Happy writing, friends!!

:D

p.s.
The author of 2k to 10k: Rachel Aaron's blot is http://thisblogisaploy.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...