Sunday, March 24, 2013

Smashbooking / Junk Journaling for Inspiration!

 

Okay, so last night, while I was unable to sleep… I was perusing Pinterest for some creative charcoal sketches… I love charcoal… and I stumbled across a journaling technique called “Smashbook”.  (It’s like scrapbooking and journaling collided at a high speed with an open bottle of glue.)  Some people call it “Art Journaling” but I think that is a bit more advanced. 

I then remembered something that I had read on The Paperback Writer’s blog… and here is that link: http://pbackwriter.blogspot.com/2013/03/writer-junk-journal.html  *she is always doing crafty and awesome things… I marvel at her time management skills!*

I fell in love with the idea!  I basically have been doing it for years on my corkboards… but there always comes a point when the board needs cleared… so now I will just throw all my writing art and what-not's into a smashbook journal for that WIP.

super fun as far as procrastination goes, yeah?!

Here is a link to my Pinterest collection of Smashbook-ey things… http://pinterest.com/caseylynnclark/sketching-drawing-journaling/

newspaper journal… and while it’s neat that they make special books to do this with… I am all about the homemade ones… some are made from old newspapers! I love that! I have so many art and crafty things here that I will be making my from recyclables … adds characters. ;)

(I would credit this pic, but the link was dead. sorry to whoever took it!)

 

Here is a cute blog about her journaling: *she calls hers a “junk journal”… I love that.* http://www.johwey.com/2010/04/21/junk-journal-1/

I also like some of the ideas for how to attach notes and scraps in creative ways to your journal.

paperclip attachment

This girl just manipulated a paperclip to attach a card… rubber bands work… some people just sewed the cloth or pages directly to the book with a neat zig-zaggy stich! I love it.

smashbook1

 

I think I shall take this day, blare a little music, and work on some crazy journaling. :D

 

Happy Writing!!!

2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...