Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Anti-Muse...

There is a point in every WIP, when the author sits down and looks at what they have written, and they think: I am a terrible writer. 

Take heart, dear friends.  The odds are, that you are not a terrible writer.  In fact, you are quite probably a great writer.  That voice is a trickster. 

The Anti-Muse. 

A nefarious little creature that resides in fear and self-doubt.

The only known way to rid yourself of the grasp of this dark and vile thing, is to persevere.  Push though the nagging sing song mockery of that little voice, and finish that WIP with determined gusto.  I promise, if you do, the Anti-Muse will surely starve. 

Hang tough, friends!

Happy and persistent writing!

10 comments:

  1. There's a point in every WIP? I hit that point every single day, lol.

    And yes, the only way to get it to shut up is to persevere. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That little guy has me on speed dial... I know what you mean! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have two of them, one for each shoulder, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate the Anti-muse. It seems to hit every time i sit down to read what i have written and won't go away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have this problem more since I'm just chock full of self-doubt, but my regular muse doesn't put up with that kind of crap. He beats up the anti-muse and eats it for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweet! My muse should call your muse for some pointers! Lol!

      Delete
  6. Thanks, Casey. That's very good advice. Regret is also a big monster. Your advice works on that as well. That's what drove me to continue writing again after a very lengthy time-out. No matter what happens, no one will be able to say I didn't try hard enough when I have gotten to the end.
    Have a great week!

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Regret... I know him too. :/
      All we can do is try our very best... at the end of the day, that in itself is an accomplishment!

      Happy writing, Jim!

      :)

      Delete

Thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...