Sunday, October 27, 2013

An upcoming appointment with a Stork…

So, I know that I said I would be announcing some BIG news this weekend... and here it is.  Sorry  that it took me so long, but I've been dealing with morning sickness at pretty much all hours of the day and night.

Yeah, you read that right.

Hubby and I are pregnant with kidlet number one! :D

We wanted to wait until the second trimester before we talked about it... I was scared that I'd imagined the whole thing. LOL  I kept waiting for the doctor to walk in and tell me that I'd misunderstood or something.  Funny.  About five of my friends are either currently pregnant, or just had a baby in the last five months, and they all say the same.  Suddenly, everything slows way down, and all you care about it that it's safe and healthy... and not a figment of your imagination!

We're pretty excited and nervous around my house these days.  And between the hot/cold flashes and the early onset pregnancy brain and complete and utter, bone-deep fatigue like I've never experienced in my entire life... I'm still working though my edits.... at a snail pace... but still.

This was one of the reasons why I've missed so much blogging, and my deadline... but I'm somehow okay with it. :)

And my husband has been the most supportive and soothing guy with all the foot rubs, and buying me a pregnancy pillow fit for a queen, gel eye masks for the fridge (amazing for hot flashes, though he laughs and tells me that I look like a character from KickAss in them!), and all the late night take out and snack runs.  He is my hero.  I couldn’t be happier with him. (sorry about the sappy crap… hormones, ya know?) ;)

So what have I been doing the last couple months?

This:

nursery2

There’s lots more to do… but I got tired. ;)  There’s time. (That rocking horse “neh’s” when you squeeze one ear, and you hear horse clomping when you squeeze the other! How friggin adorable is that?!)

Meanwhile… I’m still hoping to have the final draft of my April novel done, and a complete first draft of another work before my ninth month. I’m taking it pretty easy on myself here… but I’m still working.

I plan to take the spring off of writing… so I wanna nice little stockpile of stuff done while I sit at home and grow ever wider. :)

And… I promise that I shall try not to only talk baby for the next six or seven months.  (Try.)

So…YAY!!!

:D

12 comments:

  1. SQUEE! Congratulations, Casey! When's the stork appointment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Casey - what awesome news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Casey!!!! This is wonderful news!!! Keep us posted on all things baby. That's OK!!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, congratulations Casey! That's is fantastic news! Enjoy every single minute (even the morning sickness!) because they're all precious memories and your preggers brain will be like a sieve and you'll forget stuff! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lydia! I'm so excited... and I'm trying to keep a journal (when I can remember to write in it- LOL) so I can hold on to some of the memories. :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...