Friday, February 21, 2014

The Home Stretch


Me at 25 weeks, all puffy ;)
The second trimester has come, and it has gone.  I was told it would be the easiest of my trimesters... I certainly hope not.  I was in and out of the hospital after throwing out my back/dislocating rib and tendon, and it got down right scary with my blood pressure there for a minute.  But I am happy to say that things are looking up as I embark on my third trimester!  *phew*

According to all recent labs/appointments, I am healthy, and have completely rebounded.  Baby Sam is kicking with gusto!  And to celebrate, I went out and bought his very first pair of booties & mittens!  :) Aren't they adorable?

In other news:

My WIP... in all it's messy glory
I have managed to work on my WIP every day this week!  Thanks to a little encouragement from my writing buddy, we have managed to check in and get stuff done.  The challenge is, if we write everyday for two weeks straight, we get to go to The Cheesecake Factory! *best motivation EVER*


http://www.yammiesnoshery.com/2013/12/quick-bread-bowls.html
Recipe from Yammie's Noshery
And being pregnant, and the size of an electric car, of course means that food is always on my mind... but I hate eating processed foods, so I have been making a lot of our meals from scratch, (when I feel up to it).  It helps me keep my sodium (and that nasty swelling) away.  That bread bowl is my current favorite! So low in sodium, and so few ingredients! Click on the picture for the recipe.

I feel like I have a lot of balls in the air, right now, but I am feeling so much better, that I'm able to enjoy the challenge again. So I'm putting this all in the WIN column. :)  And I do have to give a shout out to my amazing and supportive husband, who stayed up with me in the hospital when he was running on no sleep, and who kept the house clean, just for me, and who kept the laundry done, and did all those little things that he didn't have time to do, just so I'd be comfortable.  He is my favorite person in the whole world. :)

What are some of your challenges right now?  How are you doing with them?

I will try to blog again soon!

Happy writing you guys!  Stay positive!!!


2 comments:

  1. Glad you and Sam are truckin' right along. Here's to an uneventful third trimester! And, yes, TCF is the best motivation ever!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...