Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Post-NaNoWriMo 2016

Hello blog friends!

Another NaNoWriMo has come and gone, and I am a little sad to see it go.  I love November.  I love the guilt-free late nights of writing.  I feel less stress about ignoring dirty dishes for that thirty day stretch.  And I love the buzz of excited creative energy that tends to accompany NaNoWriMo season on Facebook, Twitter, and of course the NaNo forums. 

Crisp fall leaves, brisk air with a hint of fire place soot, seeing your breath for the first time all year, hot cocoa, reading and writing by a crackling fire, and a fresh stack of newly typed and printed pages.  Add to all that the beginning of the holiday season, and I am in my very favorite time of the year.

I didn't win NaNo this year, but I did reboot my writing process.  I'm back to working on it daily (even if just notes in a notebook), which had slipped off and on this last two years.  I been working, but things would arise and I would stop for a month here, a few weeks there.  I hate not writing.  I never feel satisfied, no matter how clean the house is... I'm always a bit off.  But when I'm writing everyday, I feel very content.  And I managed to fill some gaps, and rewrite an unsatisfactory beginning this NaNo.  That's right, I cheated... I used NaNo to add new material to the book I first drafted in 2013 before life got more hectic.  But I'm committed to this book, so until you can find it in your local Barnes & Nobel, it is what I'm working on.

Hope you're all doing well, and Happy Holidays!

Happy writing as well!

Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...