Sunday, July 8, 2012

Wrapping up the first draft...

I am so excited to announce that the first draft of my WIP is complete!

*huge sigh of contentment*

I am going to go back and fill in some of the bigger plot holes, and then set it aside in three weeks to write the sequels first draft during NaNoWriMo 2.0.

So excited!

I'm not sure what happened, but somewhere along the way, my characters (who are completely different people now, from when we set out on the first page of this book, btw!) really worked some magic on me and I'm totally in love with this story, so much so, that I have turned it into a series in my head (something that I had never been interested in writing.) I don't want to leave my world or my characters just yet, so I'm going to let it ride. :)

There is something liberating about the knowledge that you don't have to fit everything into one book that is the end-all-be-all for your beloved characters lives... that there is more that this book for them. 

I wish I had done this sooner. (oh well :)

I'd better get back to work, if I'm gonna be ready for Aug 1st!

Have a great weekend, you guys!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?

Grounding the reader using "The Pyramid of Abstraction"

In my geekery on writing education, I have stumbled upon a concept introduced in both of these sources by Brandon Sanderson (whom I have ...